Seeing a gynecologist for the first time is an important step for a young woman. It is the parent or caregiver's decision with help from the child's pediatrician to know when the time is right for a young girl's first gynecologist visit.
At Novant Health WomanCare, our providers regularly see pre-teen and teenage girls. Among the services we offer and concerns we address:
- HPV counseling and vaccines.
- Heavy, frequent or painful menstrual periods.
- Irregular or infrequent menstrual periods.
- Signs of early sexual maturation.
- Signs of delayed sexual maturation.
- Breast abnormalities, asymmetry or pain.
- Chronic genital rashes or itching.
- Vaginal discharge, drainage or odor.
- Abdominal pain.
- Ovarian cysts or pelvic masses.
- Abdominal pain or pelvic endometriosis.
- Injuries involving the reproductive organs.
In Clemmons, Novant Health WomanCare shares office space with Twin City Pediatrics. However, we see adolescent girls regardless of what pediatrician they have seen.